Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lie to Me

So the new season of Lie to Me started on Monday and I watched it online yesterday. I really like this series. It follows Dr. Cal Lightman and his associates as they solve crimes by detecting lies through analyzing people's microexpressions (involuntary facial expressions that people do when trying to hide and mask emotions) and body language. Most people can't read these things, but the people at the Lightman Group are experts.

This show fascinates me because it is based on true research. Dr. Cal Lightman is based on Dr. Paul Ekman, a psychologist who really researched microexpressions and can detect them in others. I would love to be able to read people's expressions like that. I think it could really help me understand others better by know what they really are thinking and feeling. Maybe someday I can take a class on it or something...

1 comment:

  1. Colette- If you do find a class on that, let me know! People are always like, "oh it'd be so cool to read people's minds," but I think that would be horrible. Now reading their expressions...that would be sweet!

    ReplyDelete