Monday, September 28, 2009

Grace

Today, in one of my classes, we watched a movie called Grace. It was a documentary about a woman with Alzheimer's disease. It really made me quite emotional and I struggled to maintain my composure so I wouldn't start crying in the middle of class. It was so sad to see this woman turn into a shadow of what she used to be and to see how her husband (who had to care for her) dealt with it. It was so powerful seeing what this disease is really like for those who experience it and those who have to care for loved ones with the disease. It's one thing to read or hear about it, but a complete other thing to actually see it. Visual media can really have a huge impact in that way.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Alzheimer's is a scary one. We think my grandpa might be turning this way and it really scares me!

    ReplyDelete