Tuesday, September 22, 2009

CSI-Miami: Reflections on the Past

So...the new seasons of the various CSI shows are starting up this week, and my roommate and I watched the premiere of CSI-Miami last night. During the long summer break, I kind of forgot how much I like these series. For some reason, I really like crime-solving dramas. And I really like the relationships of the characters on the CSIs.

Anyways, I especially liked last night's episodes because it flashed back to years before, before the CSI division was created. It showed how some of the current characters originally got started on the force and it displayed some of the most advanced technology at that time (which is now pathetically out-of-date). It was fun for me to see how much had changed in those years. It also got me thinking about how this happens in real life. For example, on the show, it showed Calleigh meeting Eric for the first time and him flirting with her. She assured him that she would never date someone that she works with. As anybody who watches CSI: Miami now knows, they are basically dating. Looking at my own life, this sort of scenario happens quite a bit. I have a set idea of how I plan on having things in my life work out, and then they work out so differently. I really like how this key concept of human experience was reflected in the episode.

1 comment:

  1. I love CSI Miami. There are so many brilliant colors, which is why I started watching. The writing isn't the best and its border-line soap opera but I gotta love Horatio! It was a really great episode, I'm glad little Eric puled through!

    ReplyDelete