Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Seriously so Blessed

I know most people think of television and movies when they hear the word "media". I generally do, as well. However, I know I use a lot of other types of media. One type of media that I really like is blogs. Though I don't have one myself (besides this one for class), I love reading other blogs... There are some hilarious people out there! One of my absolute favorite blogs is called titled "Seriously So Blessed." (http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/)

A little background about this wonderful little blog. It was started last summer as a joke by an unknown woman. She decided to do a spoof of all the "Mormon Mommy Blogs" that she kept seeing pop up everywhere. I stumbled across it just a few months after she started it and immediately went back to the beginning and read all the posts. I have been a faithful follower ever since. I absolutely love how well she pins down certain parts of Mormon (and Utah) culture. She created a total cliche character named TAMN (Tiffany/Amber/Megan/Nicole...read the about me at the site to find out more) who talks about her "seriously so blessed" life with her husband and twin babies. She addresses such topics as "modest bikinis", living out in the "mission field" when her husband was on an internship, and she even spells the way that some Utahns speak (i.e. "Lake Pal" instead of "Lake Powell").

Another thing to note is that fact that sometimes the comments people leave rival the levels of hilarity of the actual blog posts. It's also great when people get offended and say so. I also enjoy looking at the older blog posts and reading the comments from people who didn't realize it was a parody.

Nobody knows who the creative genius behind TAMN. But regardless, I always can get a laugh out of it and I keep going back for more. It definitely fits the diversion use/need of media that we talked about in class. But don't take my word for it. Check it out!

Enjoy. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to find another TAMN fan! Her blog may be some of the best media I spend my time on every week :). And, I agree that the offended/clueless commenters are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading blogs, too! The way people write on their blogs is often nothing like the way they would talk in real life. They are so open and just say exactly what they want to say. It is definitely an interesting new form of media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blog! I started reading it last year and kind of forgot about it actually. I should totally start reading about TAMN again!

    ReplyDelete