Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday Music

I absolutely love music. It's been a really big part of my life since I was little. I took piano lessons and eventually learned to sort of play the organ, as well. I sang in choir in high school and still continue to sing for fun. Music surrounds me. But I especially love music on Sundays.

On Sundays, after church, I always just turn on my computer and listen to church songs for the rest of the day. I have an entire playlist full of EFY songs, MoTab, BYU Choirs, and others singing hymns and other inspiring and uplifting music. I think I started doing this once I came to college because I was so used to listening to church music on Sundays while I was growing up. My mom would always put in tapes like Scripture Scouts when I was little and started playing EFY songs and MoTab as I grew older. I just took it for granted. But as I sat and listened to it yesterday while I was doing some other things, I realized how much it really affects me. While I often listen to certain songs on other days of the week that get me excited and worked up, I feel so peaceful after listening to "Sunday music." I love how the Spirit can so easily enter my life when I am listening to and singing songs about the Savior and the gospel. It calms me and strengthens my testimony. It's quite the wonderful use of media, in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Sunday music IS the best!!! It makes any day wonderful, especially Sundays. It can change my mood around so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Music is one of my favorite parts of church!

    ReplyDelete