Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Plot?

So today, one of my friends and I decided to check out a movie at the International Cinema on campus. I looked at the plot summary for the movie (The Spirit of the Beehive) and it looked pretty interesting and had a 100% rating on rottentomatoes.com. However, we ended up leaving once it was about 2/3 through because we weren't terribly impressed. Quite frankly, we were bored.

We discussed it after and we were both really confused. We were afraid maybe we just weren't cultured/smart enough to understand it. Which I guess is possible. But I really feel like the plot should've emerged sooner than halfway through the movie (and even then, it was rather shaky). Though there were some interesting shots, and I think it showed promise, I really feel like I wasted almost an hour and a half of my life. I should've just read the summary on Wikipedia and moved on.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that International Cinema is either hit or miss. I've seen some incredible films and others that are just confusing or bizarre. And sadly, this semester's lineup doesn't look too promising.

    ReplyDelete