Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Double-edged Sword

So...I'm trying to write a paper for one of my classes right now that's due on Friday that is worth about 1/4 of my grade. On one hand, I am loving media because it makes my research so much easier. I can do it from the comfort of my living room instead of trekking to the library in this cold weather. It is wonderful that way.

However, since I am on the internet doing the research, it is so much easier to get distracted. I find myself going to random sites and looking through them instead of reading the articles. I need more self-restraint.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!! I'm having the same problem!! I think that's why college kids seem to be so addicted to facebook--our noses are always stuck in the computer working on papers anyway. And I don't care what I'm writing about, I'd much rather be talking to my friends on facebook than working on a school assignment. Especially a hecka long essay. For public policy class. That I haven't done any of the readings for..he..he. Good luck, Colette! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you need a distraction, anything will do. I get caught in this when I'd rather clean the toilet than work on my homework!

    ReplyDelete