Saturday, June 12, 2010

Article by Orson Scott Card

I know we're pretty much done posting blogs, but I was on Faceboook today and one of my friends posted a link to an article Orson Scott Card wrote for Mormon Times. It was too beautiful to not share. I'm grateful she posted it because I never would have found it on my own. I also thought that by posting it here, I can look back on it later and not lose it. This article really makes me feel better about my life, in a way. I move so much (I've moved 6 times since I've been at college, and I moved plenty with my family before that) and this reminded me that it's okay to let people drift in and out of our lives. It's not reason to feel guilty. It's actually a cause for celebration. I've made so many amazing friends throughout my life and even though I don't keep in touch with all of them, they have helped to make me who I am today.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my life story too! And I used to love moving. But then I got attached to people.. My last ward in Ogden, we had gotten close with all of the members- we were going to miss them, and I didn't know how to handle it. But now we have more friends. I can't wait to read the article!

    ReplyDelete