Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grad School Acceptance!

I blogged last semester about how the media makes it so much easier to apply to grad schools (doing everything online, getting e-mail reminders about what's not in yet, etc.), but now I want to blog about how much easier the media makes getting accepted for grad school.

I just found out on Tuesday that I got into BYU's MSW program (my first choice). I was so excited! I found out through an e-mail they sent, so I didn't want to wait for mail to come with the decision and then I was immediately able to click a button saying that I accepted their offer. I then paid the enrollment fee and was good to go. After all that, I was able to already start looking at the MSW handbook and different agencies where I could intern. If I had gotten accepted even 10 years ago, this whole process would've been a lot longer and more annoying.

I also was immediately able to spread this good news to my friends and family through phone calls, texts, and Facebook (and now this blog).

Thanks for making my life easier, media!

4 comments: